Lamkhaga Pass (5282m) (Chitkul in Sangla valley to Harsil village of Garhwal, Uttarakhand), May 2018
Chitkul to Harsil/Gangotri trek
The trek starts from the last village of Kinnaur, Himachal and ends at Harsil in the Gangotri valley of Uttrakhand. That is why, the Lamkhaga pass trek is also known as Chitkul to Gangotri trek or vice versa.
This Himalayan high pass divides Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh from Uttarakhand in India.
Trek Route: The itinerary
We followed the following route:
- Day #1 : Chitkul to Rani Kanda
- Day #2: Rani Kanda to Dumti
- Day #3: Dumti to Gundar
- Day #4: Gundar to Lamkhaga advance base camp (Kinnaur side) (One may break this climb till base camp 1 and next day to advance base camp…….we skipped)
- Day #5: Advance base camp to Upper Kyarkoti after crossing Lamkhaga pass (Again, you may camp at Lamkhaga pass base camp of Gangotri side followed by trek till Kyarkoti…….we decided to continue beyond base camp and camp at upper Kyarkoti)
- Day #7: Upper Kyarkoti to Kyarkoti
- Day #8: Kyarkoti to Gangnani
- Day #9: Gangnani to Harsil
This is a remote pass and very few groups have finished this. Thus it could be a good option for all those who love to visit the under-explored!
Leave a Reply