This event is your chance to capture the magnificent, densely furred, revered and rosette-stenciled cat of the Himalayas—Snow Leopard. It is a 9-day tour covering the lesser, greater and trans-Himalayan region of the state of Himachal Pradesh. A full four days are dedicated to stalking and tracking the gray ghost in Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary.
February 5 – February 13
Day 1: Chandigarh–Narkanda (altitude, 2700 m): Distance covered 175 km. Drive (on NH5) duration: 6 hours (Overnight stay at HPTDC hotel).
Day 2: Narkanda–Ralli, Kinnaur (altitude 2100 m). Distance covered 144 km. Drive time on NH5: 5–6 hours (Stay at Homestay).
Day 3: Ralli–Kibber Village (altitude, 4270 m): Drive time on NH5 and NH505: 7–8 hours. Overnight stay at a Homestay.
Day 4,5,6, and 7: On this once-in-a-lifetime trip, you’ll be hiking through high-altitude snow-covered plateaus to follow the elusive snow leopard in Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary. We’ll reach early to spotting places like Rong Nala, where you have a better chance of spotting the elusive snow leopard. Snow leopard scanners, guides, and porters will lead you to the spot. There won’t be any specific routine for these 4 days reserved for spotting snow leopards. We need to move to the spotting places as soon as we hear about the sightings from our spotting guides.
Day 8: Kibber–Rampur Bushahr: 10 hours drive time, covering about 320 km. Stay at Nau Nabh Heritage hotel.
- Highly experienced team of trackers, guides, and wildlife photography tour organizers.
- All staff members are local.
- All-inclusive trip.
- 4WD car for all days as per final itinerary and fixed departure schedule.
- Premium Accommodation at Hotel and Homestays with heating facilities.
- Foldable Camping Chairs for seating while waiting for snow leopard sighting.
- Opportunity to photograph other Himalayan wildlife like Ibex, Blue sheep, and Red foxes